By SpaFinder | July 18, 2012
by Amy Sung
Courgettes taste so good this time of year, which begs the question—how else can I cook courgette besides on a kebab skewer or in a griddle pan? Your answer—and meal—is served with this healthy and satisfying stuffed courgette recipe from Sanoviv Medical Institute in Playas de Rosarito, Mexico.
While the instructions in this recipe say to bake the courgette in a 180°C oven, you can easily take this dish to the BBQ, if weather allows: Simply place the stuffed courgette on a medium heat BBQ, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until courgette is tender. Chef’s tip: Place the raw courgette on the BBQ (or in the oven) for a few minutes before stuffing—it’ll help speed up the tenderising process after it’s stuffed.
Sanoviv Medical Institute Recipe: Stuffed Courgette (Serves 4)
4 courgettes, cut in half and seeded
380g brown rice, cooked
75g celery, finely chopped
¼ onion, finely chopped
40g carrots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
1 tsp olive oil
Fresh mint for garnish, optional
- Sauté garlic in olive oil for 10 seconds.
- Add onion, celery, carrots and salt and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Mix with the cooked brown rice.
- Fill courgette halves and bake for 15 minutes at 180° C. (Or, BBQ on medium heat, covered, for 8-10 minutes, or until tender.)
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: 140 total calories |4 g protein | 2 g fat | 27 g carbohydrate | 3 g fibre